Monday, September 8, 2008

Goals Are Not Wishes

Business, Network Marketing.

Be an mlm success story - - set realistic goals and take consistent action - when i started setting goals for my network marketing business, i honestly had no idea what i was doing. I counted on each conversation lasting about 10 minutes, which meant I would make about 6 calls an hour, or around 20 calls a day. My plan was this: Since I had about 3 hours in the evenings to work my business, I could spend that time calling leads.


Working at this for 6 days a week meant I' d be contacting 120 people every week. - i was on my way to mlm success. If even 1% decided to join my business, that' s over 4 new people a month! So I bought my leads list, and swallowed my, memorized my script phone fear. It wasn' t until after I' d made about 10 dials that reality exploded in my face like a hydrogen bomb on Fantasy Island. This was it. My plan was crap.


And, of those 20% , about 90% showed about as much interest in starting their own business as Paris Hilton in becoming a nuclear physicist. - i learned the hard way that only 20% of my calls would be answered on the first try. Most didn' t even remember requesting information about a home based business. Looking back on my original plan, I would have had to be on the phone 20 hours and contact 1, 000 people every day! Instead of 6 calls an hour, I made about 5Of those, about 1 expressed mild interest in starting a business. For your goals to be effective, you must base them in reality.


Goals are not wishes. - if your goal is to watch a sunrise, but you' re facing west, then how realistic is that goal? I wish I could sing like Pavarotti, but unless I' m willing to go through years of vocal training and practice, it' s not going to happen. I' m taking steps now to achieve that goal. My goal, on the other hand, is to regularly sponsor 5 or more people every month. To achieve your goals, you must get clear about what you really want.


Maybe your goal is to be wealthy. - as simple as this sounds, you might be surprised how vague your goals really are until you write them down. What does that mean to you? Unfortunately, many people who get involved in network marketing view it as a quick fix, and become discouraged when their expectations aren' t immediately met. How will you know when you' re wealthy? They realize too late that their goal of making$ 50, 000 in a couple months isn' t realistic. For goals to be effective, larger goals need to be broken down into manageable chunks.


The hype that surrounds network marketing both creates and promotes the expectations of money for nothing( or very little) . - if your goal is to make$ 100, 000 a year in 3 years, how much will you need to make in 1 year? 6 months? 90 days? Focusing on smaller goals keeps you from being overwhelmed. What steps will you need to begin taking tomorrow? For instance, following up on 3 prospects and writing 2 articles today feels much more doable and realistic than focusing on your 3 - year plan. You can plan, and talk, study, but until you take action nothing really changes. Nothing happens until you turn your intentions into consistent action.


If you keep doing what you' re doing, you can expect to get what you' ve always gotten. - think about it. It' s that consistent action that produces real, lasting results. If a raindrop lands on a huge boulder one time, nothing much happens. If several drops of water, pummel this same, however boulder over time, you get the Grand Canyon.

No comments: